Admissions For the Current 2021-2022 School Year:

Children born in 2017 are eligible for Kindergarten beginning in September 2022.  Any new ZONED K-5 students enrolling for the current 2021-2022 school year should come in to register as soon as you are living in our zone by following the same instructions detailed below for families registering for kindergarten in the fall.

What is My Zoned School?

Please check the zone map. Your zoned school is determined by your official home address, not your place of employment.  If you live outside of the PS 183 zone, do not use the address of a family member, friend, or employer who lives in the zone.  We verify all addresses!  If you don’t know your zoned school, call 311.

School Zone Map

To attend PS 183, you must live in the school zone; before making a commitment on a property, please make sure an address falls within the zone boundaries: District 2 Elementary Zone Map

Blue Ribbon Emblem Award

P.S. 183 Address/Zone Directory

York Avenue

1150-1368 (even)
1151-1367 (odd)

1st Avenue

1132-1364 (even)
1203-1359 (all)

2nd Avenue

1240-1402 (even)
1329-1363 (odd)

3rd Avenue

1248-1250 (even)
1189-1249 (all)

East 62nd Street

401-519 (odd)

East 63rd Street

400-598 (even)
401-599 (odd)

East 64th Street

400-498 (even)
401-499 (odd)

East 65th Street

400-430 (even)
301-447 (all)

East 66th Street

300-446 (odd)
301-435 (all)

East 67th Street

300-436 (even)
301-445 (odd)

East 68th Street

300-540 (even)
301-541 (odd)

East 69th Street

300-540 (even)
301-451 (odd)

East 70th Street

300-520 (even)
305-541 (odd)

East 71st Street

300-540 (even)
301-545 (odd)

East 72nd Street

308-538 (even)
301-541 (odd)

East 73rd Street

300-530 (even)

Enrollment Information

  • Bring your child for admissions and registration

  • Proof of address must be provided when enrolling a student in school.

  • A telephone bill, credit card bill or medical insurance card, is not acceptable proof of address.

Required Documentation:

Please bring COPIES, in addition to originals, of ALL required enrollment documents

Two (2) of the following ORIGINAL documents, each of which must state the home address, and A COPY OF EACH for our records, are required to prove that your primary residence is in the P.S. 183 school zone: Proof of address may be verified by any two of the following:

    • a lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence;

    • a residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;

    • a bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;

    • documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days (letter from NYC DOE is not accepted);

    • a current property tax bill for the residence;

    • a water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;

    • rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;

    • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;

    • income tax form for the last calendar year;

    • official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;

    • official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;

    • voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;

    • unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;

    • evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.


    In addition to two (2) acceptable proofs of address, what else do I need to bring with my completed application?

      • The ORIGINAL AND A COPY of your child’s birth certificate or passport;

      • A COPY for our records of your child’s immunization history;

      • ORIGINAL AND A COPY of Offer Letter from NYC DOE for Kindergarten and Pre-k Enrollees

      • If applicable, A COPY for our records of your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan.